Joint Statement of Communist and Workers' Parties on the recent developments in Ukraine (Proposed by the KKE and DKP)
Statement on the reactionary developments in Ukraine
The recent dramatic developments in Ukraine do not constitute the "victory of democracy" by the alleged "revolutionaries", as it is being described by the mass media of the USA and the EU, but is a dangerous development, above all for the people of Ukraine themselves.
Reactionary political forces, ideological descendents of the Nazis, have risen to the political "surface" with the assistance of the EU and the USA. These are forces which apart from destroying the offices of their opponents, are planning political persecutions, and the banning of parties, above all against the communists, and even racist legislation at the expense of the Russian-speaking population, like what has been in force for the last 20 years in the countries of the "European" Baltic, with the blatant political support of the EU.
The communist and workers' parties that sign this Joint Statement:
* Express our solidarity and support with the communists of Ukraine,above all with those who in many instances went on to the streets in orderto defend the monuments of Lenin and the other Soviet and ant-fascist monuments, which found themselves "targeted" by the ideological "cleansing"of history being attempted by the nationalist-fascist armed groups.
* Denounce the USA and the EU regarding their blatant involvement in the internal affairs of Ukraine, regarding the direct support they provided and are providing to the armed fascist groups, supporting historical revanchism against the outcome of the 2nd World War, transforming anti-communism into their official policy, as well as beautifying the fascist groups, their criminal ideology and activity, promoting the division of the people of Ukraine with planned persecutions at the expense of the Russian-speaking of Ukraine.
* Highlight that the positions of the opportunist forces are dangerous, which spread illusions that there could exist another "betterEU', "another better association agreement of the EU with Ukraine". The EU,like every capitalist inter-state union, is a predatory alliance which has a deeply reactionary character can not become pro-people, and acts and will continue to act against the workers' people's rights and the peoples.
* Note that the developments in Ukraine are connected to the intervention of the EU and the USA, are the results of the fierce competition of these powers with Russia for the control of markets, rawmaterial and the country's transport networks. However the people ofUkraine, as all the other peoples of Europe have no interests in siding with the one or the other imperialist, or the one or the other predatoryalliance.
* The interests of the working class and popular strata of Ukraine mean that they must prevent themselves from being "trapped" in nationalist,divisive dilemmas, on the basis of ethnic, linguistic, religious particularities and to prioritize their common class interests, to chart their path of class struggle, for their rights and socialism. Socialism remains as timely and necessary as ever. This is the perspective against every capitalist inter-state union, in order to pave the way for an economy and society that will not operate on the basis of profit, but on the basisof the needs of the workers.
1. Communist Party of Albania
2. Democratic Progressive Tribune, Bahrain
3. Workers' Party of Bangladesh
4. Communist Party of Canada
5. Communist Party in Denmark
6. German Communist Party
7. Unified Communist Party of Georgia
8. Communist Party of Greece
9. Jordanian Communist Party
10. Communist Party of Mexico
11. Communist Party of Norway
12. Communist Party of the Russian Federation
13. Communist Workers' Party of Russia
14. Communist Party of the Soviet Union
15. New Communist Party of Yugoslavia
16. Communist Party of Sweden
17. Communist Party of Turkey
18. Union of Communists of Ukraine
Parties not on Solidnet List
1. Party of Labour of Austria
2. Pole of Communist Revival in France